Thursday 17 November 2011

Who is Lawrence Scott

My full name is William Lawrence Alexander Scott (most know me as Lawrence). I am thirty two years of age, born 8 November 1979. My parents are the Hon. William Alexander Scott, JP. MP and Olga May (nee Lawrence) Scott, OBE.
I graduated from Gilbert Institute and Bermuda Institute in Bermuda, and later from Florida Air Academy High School (FAA) as the Ranking Officer in charge of supplies. My further education was obtained after attending Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and Lynn University where I received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSc) in Aviation Management and Flight Training. While attending Lynn, I was a member of the University Student Government and served one year as President of the University Judicial Board.
Upon returning home to Bermuda, I have focused on my career as Supervisor of JetBlue (Airline at the L.F. Wade International Airport), participated in community service and continued on expanding my professional growth (pilot rating).

My community service includes:
• St. Johns Ambulance as a ‘First Responder’;
• Member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc;
• Boys Club – weekly mentoring for males (youth) during the course of the scholastic year;

• Youth Lecturer – on occasion, I have been asked to share my experience and encourage Primary and Secondary School students who share this same passion for aviation and flight.

INTEGRITY
My family’s background has exposed me to the importance of community service: Grand-father Willard Alexander Scott, Warwick Parish police Sergeant; Great, Great, Grandfather John H.T. Jackson, the second Black member of the House of Assembly; Great Uncle Albert Jackson, President of the Bermuda Senate; Father, William Alexander Scott, both Minister of Works and Engineering and Premier of Bermuda. Consequently, as a member of the next generation, I can serve my community (in this case the residents of Constituency -24) and the Bermuda Progressive Labour Party (PLP) through honest and trust-worthy representation and communication – utilizing the social and electronic media.
In this manner, I believe I can effectively and efficiently reach out to our youth and provided them with a relevant and positive image of the PLP, its policies, goals and objectives – for party and country. I believe that offering constructive role models for our youth is one way of generating more constructive citizens

INNOVATION
Finally, my innovative way of thinking and problem solving in conjunction with my current responsibilities will enable me to very quickly meet the challenges of representing Constituency-24. In my view, entrepreneurial spirit has permitted me to develop the skills that best utilize my ability to innovate(think outside of the proverbial box) with the object of finding mutually beneficial solutions for situations previously thought to defy resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment